The Darwin Bowls and Social Club (Inc) was formed in 1959, and originally the bowling surface was shredded rubber!
The clubhouse and greens were lucky survivors of Cyclone Tracy on Xmas eve 1974.
Over the years grass greens were installed and the club maintained two turf greens. In 2013 the board authorised a feasibility study to investigate the merits of converting our greens to synthetic grass and to construct a cover over one of the greens. From this feasibility study an application for funding was made to the Northern Territory Govt. to complete the project. In April 2014 the NT Government announced that we were successful in our application and the club recieved $1.6M to complete the project. Work began in October 2015 to transform the greens with the front green converted to synthetic grass and opened in November of that year. In April 2016 construction started on the cover over the Rex Eddy Green (back green) followed by the installation of a second synthetic green which was completed in June 2016. The final stage was finished in September 2016 with the construction of a sealed carpark.
The additional links on this page will give you detailed information on the corporate structure of the club, details of our valuable sponsors and our contact details.